Anyone who uses Dehumidifier knows it well that power consumption this device is huge. Dehumidifier is used to take the moisture out of the air and that can give big add to the monthly electricity bills.
This cost is often seen as unavoidable cost. Excessive humidity in a home or space risks mold and mildew issues that can damage property and sometimes, be costly to clean up. Furthermore, dehumidifying tends to create a room more livable and comfortable.
Dehumidifier is a necessary tool for home, office or space. But its operating cost is high. So what to do to make it cost-effective?
There are actually several ways to minimize the costs of dehumidifying and still sucks excess moisture.
Here are a few:
1. Ensure Air Circulation. Ensuring air circulation in the damp area is important. So get fresh air around the area as much as possible by using fans and windows. A major reason basements and space get damp is because water vapor accumulates in the air with no escape of it. Managing an air circulation, humidity problems can be reduced.
a. Installing small sized windows and vents;
b. Using fans.
2. Using Calcium Chloride. Calcium chloride, a salt crystal, that absorbs humid/ moisture of the air. Hardware and house-hold-improvement stores are now promoting sale of Calcium Chloride which is being considered as an alternative to normally used dehumidifiers. You can set the calcium chloride inside containers especially in damp rooms and it will absorb water of the air, turning its crystals to brine. The brine then maybe dumped down in the toilet.
· Warning! Calcium chloride can be unsafe and dangerous to swallow, so it must be kept away from little children and pets.
3. Getting Energy Efficient Dehumidifier. Dehumidifier is efficient and just for fighting moisture condition. If you use dehumidifier at your home and space, purchase an energy efficient dehumidifier. The dehumidifier with low electricity consumption maybe considered based to review and ratings and also analyzing component specification.
4. Exploring New Efficient Technologies. For Large buildings; especially commercials, a more sophisticated and efficient technologies for dehumidifying requirement. Its good sign that there been remarkable advancement in the state of energy efficient dehumidifying systems.
5. Limiting and Smart Use of Dehumidifier. A Dehumidifier does not work optimally in lower temperature (below 65 degrees Fahrenheit) and therefore, it is wise to only use the same in room above that temperature. As the temperature all the year round does not remain the same, so the dehumidifier can be used considering that periods.
Keeping an eye to the relative humidity, area to be dehumidified should be closed (windows and doors). When the needed level of humidity is gained, removing moisture will increase energy consumption and the space becomes over-dry. Dehumidifier should not be used at a temperature less than 60 degrees of Fahrenheit.